Tuesday 30 April 2013

Books Received in April, 2013


I'm trying something new with this page today.  Instead of posting the synopses for the books I'll be posting links to the author sites (if the author's site doesn't have a synopsis, then I'm linking the book title to their Amazon page and the author's name to their website).



Without A Summer by Mary Robinette Kowal - The third book featuring Jane and Vincent begun with Shades of Milk and Honey.  I started reading it yesterday and expect to have a review up for it soon.
Quintessence by David Walton - I haven't read much alternate history, but this one sounds pretty cool, dealing with alchemy and magical creatures.  The author has the first 3 chapters up on his site.
Pandemonium by Warren Fahy - A follow up to his debut novel, Fragment, Pandemonium's a Michael Crichton style scientific adventure novel.


Swans and Klons - Nora Olsen - I've already read this and my review will be up this coming Tuesday.
The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord - I've seen a number of positive reviews for this book and the premise sounds quite intriguing.
Shattered Pillars by Elizabeth Bear - Sequel to Range of Ghosts, which has received amazing reviews.


The Shape Stealer by Lee Carroll - The third book in the Black Swan Rising series.
14 - Peter Clines
Sihpromatum by Savannah Grace - This is a travelogue/biography but it sounds very interesting.

So, do you like this method of reporting or do you like seeing the synopsis here, on my site?

No comments: