Thursday 25 July 2013

Space Stamps

I've wanted to post this for a while but just got around to doing the footwork for it.  One of my relatives used to collect stamps and my grandmother would buy sets of 500 or more for them, organized either by country or subject.  When she died, my parents brought some of these unwanted - and unopened - stamp sets home and they've recently come into my possession.

One of the stamp sets dealt with space.  It's interesting to see how many different countries created commemorative stamps for space associated achievements.  I do apologize for the upside down stamps. I kept forgetting which way to put them on the scanner.  And for some reason, though the stamps weren't near the edges, the scanner chose to cut off part of the edge of the second picture.


No comments: