Wednesday 9 February 2011

Reviews on Amazon.ca

For the longest time I've resisted posting reviews on Amazon.  Why, you ask?  Because they're 'the competition'.  Indigo has paid my bills for several years, and I like the company.

What's changed?  I had a conversation at the Chiaroscuro Reading last night.  Someone pointed out how, even if people don't end up buying from Amazon, it's still a great place to go for reviews.  And it's true.  I've looked at reviews on their US site for things they don't sell in Canada, things not remotely book related.

And I realized that by not posting reviews on Amazon, where a lot of people are looking for reviews, I'm doing the authors of the books I review a disservice.  So I've set up a profile and I'll be adding my reviews to Amazon.ca in the future.

1 comment:

Kaz Augustin said...

Thanks! I use the same process; read reviews on Amazon, buy from The Book Depository. Those British stiff-upper-lip types are not much into reviewing but I find it very very useful. Appreciate your input.