Friday 19 October 2012

Superpowers Reading List

A few years ago I did a Superheroes Reading List, with some literary and SF books.  Since books featuring people with superpowers, not just heroes in capes, have become very popular lately, consider this a revamp of that previous list (though I didn't add the books I've listed previously).  For ebooks, I've only added Carina's, because I happened to be on their site doing my 'upcoming books' post and noticed them, and Stephen Henning's A Class Apart, because I've read it and therefore know about it. Generally searching for ebooks is tough and I haven't figured out a good way of doing it yet, especially since there are so many platforms where ebooks can be published.

As with my other lists, this isn't meant to be comprehensive.  It's just to suggest books you might not have heard of.  Having said that, feel free to leave titles and authors in the comments of books you'd like to see added.


Masked - Lou Anders, Ed.
Only Superhuman - Christopher Bennett
Broken - Susan James Bigelow
Seven Wonders, Empire State - Adam Christopher
Shadow Ops: Control Point - Myke Cole
Soon I Will Be Invincible - Austin Grossman
The Damned Busters, Costume Not Included - Matthew Hughes
Firestarter - Stephen King
A Once Crowded Sky - Tom King
Wild Cards, Fort Freak, Aces High - George R. R. Martin, Ed.
Trance, Changeling - Kelly Meding
Crossfire - Miyuki Miyabe
Heroics - Brian Moll, Ed.
Watchmen - Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons
Blaze of Glory - Sheryl Nantus
The Rook - Daniel O'Malley
Mind Storm, Terminal Point - K. M. Ruiz
Prepare to Die! - Paul Tobin
After the Golden Age - Carrie Vaughn

Ebooks
The Superheroes Union: Dynama - Ruth Dias
How to Date a Henchman - Mari Fee 
A Class Apart - Stephen Henning 
Yesterdays Heroes - Heather Long

* And as with my other lists, this list was the basis for an endcap currently on display at the World's Biggest Bookstore in Toronto, Canada.  Adam Christopher is one of my interviewees for the month, so his books are displayed with his interview at the top.

No comments: