Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Reviews on

For the longest time I've resisted posting reviews on Amazon.  Why, you ask?  Because they're 'the competition'.  Indigo has paid my bills for several years, and I like the company.

What's changed?  I had a conversation at the Chiaroscuro Reading last night.  Someone pointed out how, even if people don't end up buying from Amazon, it's still a great place to go for reviews.  And it's true.  I've looked at reviews on their US site for things they don't sell in Canada, things not remotely book related.

And I realized that by not posting reviews on Amazon, where a lot of people are looking for reviews, I'm doing the authors of the books I review a disservice.  So I've set up a profile and I'll be adding my reviews to in the future.

1 comment:

Kaz Augustin said...

Thanks! I use the same process; read reviews on Amazon, buy from The Book Depository. Those British stiff-upper-lip types are not much into reviewing but I find it very very useful. Appreciate your input.