Monday 3 September 2012

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VII (R.I.P.)

Lisa over at Starmetal Oak Reviews brought this to my attention by posting about it a few days ago.  The idea is to set a goal for yourself to read/watch something creepy during the months of September and October in order to get in the Halloween spirit.

Given that I've been working my way to free reading time (with a giant pile of books I've been dying to read) I'm not sure how much time I'll have to add in horror (you can also do dark fantasy, suspense, thriller, etc.).  But I'm sure I can read at least 2 books that fit the criteria (I've got Beyond by Graham McNamee on the shelf beside me and Lisa mentioned Breed, by Chase Novak, which I've heard of before and sounds interesting).  So that's:


I also highly suspect I'll be watching some horror movies in the coming months (several of the black and white films still on my list are the 30s Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, White Zombie, etc.  So I'll add:

If you're interested in joining or reading along with their book club, here's the website where you can add your blog to the blog roll and/or comment that you're participating and the site for reviews.

2 comments:

Candy C said...

Hi Jessica. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!! That means the world to me. I hope that you will join in on the challenge. Lots of possibilities to win prizes. Have a wonderful week! <3 Candy

Carl V. Anderson said...

Awesome to have you joining us. Love your potential viewing choices and am happy you'll also find some reading choices to work in for R.I.P. as well. Thank you so much for taking part in this 7th year. Time flies, but we do have fun.