Wednesday 29 December 2010

Presents!

Now that the Christmas rush is over (for those of us who celebrate it), it's time to brag about the cool stuff we got!

When I went to Japan this spring I'd planned to go to Kotobukiya for the new Dark Phoenix statue they came out with.  While I don't normally collect action figure statues I love Dark Phoenix and this version (manga style) was unique and beautiful.  After wandering around Akihabara we found the store, but the statue wasn't for sale yet (we were there one week too early).  So I went home without my statue.

Then, on a whim we decided to go to Fan Expo.  And wouldn't you know, one of the booths there had my statue!  So I got my husband to buy it for me.  Since then it's been sitting under our living room table, waiting for Christmas when I could finally unbox and display it.

The scull door knocker was an impulse buy, also from Fan Expo.  I'm planning on hanging it on my office door.  (The caption says, "Abandon all hope ye who enter here.") 

So, what did you get for the holidays that you'd like to brag about?

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'll brag about getting a Kobo eReader. I'd rather have an iPad but my hubby came through with what we could afford. The reader is cool but that door knocker is smokin'.

Jessica Strider said...

I just finished reading a book on the Kobo. It's convenient for subway/bus reading - and great for travelling.

Congrats!