Friday 14 January 2011

Geek Gifts: Electroluminescent Clothing

In the interests of finding new gift ideas for my husband, I'll be starting this monthly feature: Geek Gifts.  The US has a lot of nifty sites but since I don't like ordering from the States (because you have to deal with surprise taxes, duties, high shipping fees and unknown currency conversion) I'll try to mention both US and Canadian sites where you can get the items mentioned.

And if you have gift suggestions for future posts, feel free to mention them in comments.

The first gift idea is electroluminescent clothing, ie clothing that lights up!  It's mostly shirts, but you can find other things, like ties and hats too.
In Canada you can get a limited selection of t-shirts from the Geek Chic Boutique and the Glow Authority Canada (I've purchased items through Glow Authority Canada's website and had no problems).

In the US, you can try T-quilizer or Light Up Decal, which has a large selection of shirts.  These are just the first two sites that came up under my search.  I'm sure there are dozens of places that carry light up clothes items now in the States.

1 comment:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I wouldn't wear it myself but I know some friends who would love it.