Thursday 10 September 2009

Soulless - Book Review

Soulless is a novel that will appeal to readers of steampunk, urban fantasy and paranormal romance. A fast paced novel filled with vampires, werewolves, tea and parasols.

The main character, Alexia Tarabotti, is feisty and fun reminding one of Buffy the Vampire Slayer at some times and Elizabeth Bennett at others. A clever reworking of the Victorian era.

I only wish the book had come out when I wrote this review (in May) rather than in October, because then we'd be that much closer to the release of Gail Carriger's next novel.

And be sure to check back here next month when I post an interview with Ms. Carriger.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I loved this book! Once I finished, I really missed the characters. This is one of the very few books that I will read more than once.