Today's spotlight shines on Christopher Buehlman!
Winner of the 2007 Bridport Prize in Poetry and author of several plays, his novels are:
- Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman (Ace)
- Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman (Ace)
Haunted by memories of the Great War, failed academic Frank Nichols and his wife have arrived in the sleepy Georgia town of Whitbrow, where Frank hopes to write a history of his family's old estate-the Savoyard Plantation-and the horrors that occurred there. At first their new life seems to be everything they wanted. But under the facade of summer socials and small-town charm, there is an unspoken dread that the townsfolk have lived with for generations. A presence that demands sacrifice.
It comes from the shadowy woods across the river, where the ruins of the Savoyard Plantation still stand. Where a long-smoldering debt of blood has never been forgotten. Where it has been waiting for Frank Nichols…Check out these other books if you like horror novels about things lying in wait in old houses:
- A Twisted Ladder by Rhodi Hawk (Tor Books)
- Black Creek Crossing by John Saul (Ballantine Books)
- Neverland by Douglas Clegg (Vanguard Press)