Tuesday 27 September 2022

Vacation’s End

I’m back! I’m using the word ‘vacation’ a bit loosely. It was a very busy trip with little time to relax. I was away for 5 weeks doing a whirlwind tour of France, trying to photograph as many cathedrals (and a lot of other old buildings) as I could. I hit 42 cities in 36 days and walked so much my feet still hurt. Whew. It’s good to be back. I’ve spent the past 2 weeks trying to get back up to speed. Over the next while I’ll be going through the 20,000+ photos I took. I’ll post a small album here of interesting pieces of sculpture and stained glass.

I’d hoped to do some reading so I would have content to post when I returned, but things didn't work out that way. I did watch some TV shows, one of which I will be posting about. So I've scrambled a bit to finish some books. I’m hoping to get back to posting 1-2 times a week.

I’m also hoping to update the cathedral information pages I used on the trip so I can post a few of those to Archive.org. One of the reasons I took the trip was so I could add information to the pages and fix any errors before I posted them (I’m sure there will still be errors, there’s always something you miss, but hopefully there will be fewer errors).

No comments: